STAGES OF A GOOD MINGLE
(1) Get into a "just hanging out" mindset.
(2) Be ready to mingle anywhere, anytime.
(3) Make a throwaway comment to break the conversation barrier.
(4) Read the vibe.
***For a good vibe--Continue the conversation.
***For a bad or nonexistent vibe--Leave the conversation gracefully.
(5) Try to get contact information
(6) Plan on meeting some time in the future.
***Note: The same process should take place for calling/texting someone you just met--Don't assume that the connection is still fresh. Start the steps over when you are on the phone...
There are a few key phrases/tips that are essential to succeeding in social situations.
1. "Just hanging out."--This is the big daddy of all of the mantras. It is the key mindset to all social situations.
2. "Don't be a try-hard"--Avoid trying to impress. Be who you are and don't apologize.
3. "Be more comfortable than anyone else."--Don't let circumstances determine how comfortable you are. Be above them and you will be able to handle any situation.
4. "Man up." Take a risk. Be bold in an appropriate way.
5. "Three C's of Mingling."--Casual. Casual. Casual. Nothing is a big deal.